Plantronics CS55 Frequently Ask Questions
Q. What are the key features of the Plantronics CS55?
Roam hands-free up to 300 feet
Extended hands-free talk time—up to 10 full hours
One-touch control to answer/end calls
Enjoy the flexibility of three convertible wearing styles
Ensure call privacy with digitally encrypted security
Reduce the wait: battery recharges in three hours
Mute and volume controls from headset
Operates on 1.9 GHz frequency
Use up to 40 units with optimal range (additional units may decrease roaming range)
Q. My CS55 is not working properly. What should I do? A. Try to reset the system (see below). If this does work, try the re-subscription (see below). These procedures will reset the headset and reconnect it to your charging base. If you are unable to get a green light on the headset or charging base, then try unplugging and re-plugging the battery in the headset. Also, make sure that the headset is fully charged.
Q. What is the IntelliStand Feature on the Plantronics CS55?
A. When the Plantronics CS55 is used in conjunction with the Plantronics HL10 handset lifter you can enable the IntelliStand feature. The IntelliStand senses when the headset has been removed or placed in the Plantronics CS55 base unit, automatically activating the Handset Lifter and enabling headset/handset mode to answer or end the call. There is a switch towards the bottom on the right side of the base unit that will switch the IntelliStand feature On and Off.
Q. Does the Plantronics CS55 use Bluetooth technology?
A. No, the Plantronics CS55 is not Bluetooth based, but uses another digital wireless technology designed for office use. CS55 use a voice-dedicated 1.9GHz DECT frequency technology provides uncompromised audio quality and the lowest probability of interference.
Q. Is there a call answer/end button on the Plantronics CS55?
A. There is a mute button, volume control and a call answer/end button on the headset portion of the Plantronics CS55.
Q. Why do I hear beeps in the headset of my Plantronics CS55?
A. On the Plantronics CS55, one beep every 10 seconds is caused by a low battery warning. Recharge the battery by returning it to the base charge cradle for one to three hours until charge light stays lit or stops blinking. Two beeps is an out of range warning. Move closer to the base unit.
Three rapid beeps every 15 seconds indicates your mute is on. Press the mute control once to turn it off. When the optional HL10 handset lifter is connected, Three rapid beeps indicate a call is coming into the headset. Press the talk button on the headset to anwer the call.
Q. How do I re-subscribe the CS50 or CS55 headset to its charging base? A. NOTE: Before re-subscribing the system make sure the IntelliStand switch (on the right side of the charging base) is in the "_" position and NOT the "=" position.
The headset and the base unit are supplied subscribed to each other. However, if you wish to use a replacement headset with the base unit (or if you lose your connection to the base unit), then you must re-subscribe as follows:
1. Return the headset to the charging base.
2. Press the black wheel (on the top of the headset) straight down until a green light appears on the headset. Then let go of the wheel, and the light should remain on the headset.
2. Press and hold both the + and - buttons on the back of the charging base until the red light on the front of the base starts to flash.
3. Let go of both buttons. The red light should continue to flash.
5. Resubscription is finished when the red light on the base is fully illuminated and the green light on the headset disappears.
6. Disconnect the AC power adapter from the bottom of the base unit for 5 seconds, then reconnect it.
7. Remove the headset from the charging base, and press the talk button. The headset and base should now be connected. If the re-subscription fails within 2 minutes the headset will return to the un-subscribed state. Try Again.
Q. How do I a SYSTEM RESET the Plantronics CS55? A.
To recover from some fault conditions (refer to the Troubleshooting Section) you may need to perform a system reset.
To perform the system reset, follow this procedure:
1. Press both the talk button (14) and the mute control button (15) on the headset for 5 seconds.
2. When the talk indicator light (17) on the headset blinks, release both buttons.
3. Press the talk button again.
4. Next reset the base unit by disconnecting the AC power adapter (24a)
from the AC power adapter jack (7) for 5 seconds, then reconnect.
The system reset operation is complete.
Q. What's the difference between RESET and RE-SUBSCRIBE? A. The System Reset primarily concerns just the headpiece; pressing mute and call control, then call control actually resets the headpiece. The user guide instructions include unplugging and plugging in the base power so it becomes a “system” process.
The Subscription process (or re-subscription) is similar to Bluetooth pairing where you are introducing the base and headpiece to each other to work together.
Re-subscription is also known as Multi-Shift Paring
|Current Reviews: 0