The Polycom/Nortel SoundStation2 EX Conference Phone (For Nortel Meridian users). Just connect a SoundStation2 w/ 2 EX Microphones directly into a Nortel Meridian PBX digital wall jack. You don’t need an analog port, analog adapter, or complicated connections to take advantage of natural two-way conversations with Polycom’s breakthrough Acoustic Clarity Technology. With industry-leading full duplex for natural, simultaneous two-way conversation, the SoundStation2 w/ 2 EX Microphones is designed for medium to small conference rooms. Delivering remarkable voice quality equal to the original SoundStation Premier® 500D/550D and a 50% increase in microphone sensitivity over the award-winning SoundStation, users can speak in a normal voice and be heard clearly up to ten feet away – making every call a more productive call.
The SoundStation2 EX NORTEL provides users with advanced features such as:
- Large backlit display - offers large and easily viewable call and telephone functions
- Smart Technology – such as Dynamic Noise Reduction (DNR)
- Provides maximum microphone sensitivity, while reducing distracting room and background noise
- Reduces room background noise form fans, projectors, heating and air units
- Users can speak naturally and be heard up to 10 feet away from the consol
- Intelligent Microphone Mixing - automatically selects the microphone closest to the person speaking, eliminating extraneous background noises
- Ability to Increase Coverage – the extension microphones expand coverage for larger conference rooms 2 EX Microphones INCLUDED!!
- Direct Access - provides direct access to your Nortel Meridian's conferencing feature, allowing quick and easy connection
- Eliminates the need for a 3rd party PBX adapter or for running a special analog line into the conference room
- Allows users to invoke basic PBX features including Conference and Hold
Have other questions? Call one of our Sales Support Team Members at
#1-877-666-9998 or click the Polycom Soundstation 2 Nortel FAQ or Polycom Soundstation 2 Nortel Datasheet
IMPORTANT: SoundStation2 EX Direct Connect is compatible with any digital voice port on NORTEL® Meridian®, Meridian 1 (option 11 to 81), SL-1, or SL-100 PBX with the exception of those supporting MBS (CENTREX®) phone sets. In addition to the basic product functions, it supports two special functions - Conference and Transfer – in the same manner as the default M2616 Model 20, using key number position 3 for Conference and key number position 6 for Transfer. Contact your PBX Administrator to confirm that the Conference and Transfer functions at the port are assigned to these key number positions.